Senior Auditor - Lending
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Senior Auditor - Lending
for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, or Remote facilities.
Purpose of the Job
Executes and may lead moderately complex audit assignments.
Identifies problems and resolutions for risk-based assurance and
advisory engagements across the organization. Performs risk and
control identification and evaluation, advanced audit techniques,
research and analysis, and conducts client meetings and interviews.
Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' International
Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
(Standards) and Code of Ethics. Maintains knowledge of financial
services regulations and effectively responds and interacts with
regulators.Job RequirementsPRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads and executes moderately complex audit engagements
throughout the audit life cycle, to include understanding of
horizontal and vertical business impacts, integrating audits with
Information Technology (IT), analytics, and projects and reviewing
- Provides coaching and guidance to other auditors to ensure
quality and timely audit engagement deliverables.
- Conducts or assists with continuous monitoring and advisory
activities, special reviews and investigations.
- Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally,
timely and in accordance with corporate and industry audit
- Manages engagement-related efforts and assignments of staff
with varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting
engagements as the Auditor-in-Charge (AIC).
- Prioritizes work to meet milestones without compromising
- Reviews work papers and delivers audit team end of engagement
evaluations when applicable.
- Performs and updates engagement risk assessments utilizing
current data (including risk trends, risk levels, and/or
- Communicates effectively with audit leaders, and
clients/business leaders to include delivering both risk-based and
- Identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement
in the current operating environment; develops recommendations for
corrective action; drafts related issues and audit reports for
issuance to respective client leadership.
- Builds and develops relationships both internally within Audit
Services and externally with clients and control partners. MINIMUM
- Bachelor's degree in Business or relevant field or four
additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may
be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 or more years of audit, financial, insurance, banking,
information technology or related business and/or leadership
experience OR relevant Master's Degree with 2 or more years of
relevant experience.PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS
- Experience auditing bank operations, specifically Credit Cards,
Auto Loans or Unsecured Personal Loans
- Can complete execute moderately complex audits end to end IE
prepare Risk and Control Matrix, oversee completion of fieldwork
testing Control Design, Operating Effectiveness, Substantive
testing, draft Audit Issues and Report
- Strong Project Management *Qualifications may warrant placement
in a different job level*When you apply for this position, you will
be required to answer some initial questions. This will take
approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not
be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to
change your responses.The above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our
employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business,
including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment,
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness
and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path
planning and continuing education will assist you with your
professional goals.USAA also offers a variety of on-site services
and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life,
including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness
centers.Relocation assistance is available for this position.For
Internal Candidates: Must complete 12 months in current position
(from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager s
approval prior to posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply
to the opening is 03/25/2020 by 11:59 pm CST time
Keywords: USAA, Carrollton , Senior Auditor - Lending, Accounting, Auditing , Carrollton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!