Financial Accountant Senior (Hybrid Work Location)
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Financial Accountant
Senior for our San Antonio, Plano or Charlotte facility. Executes
and advises on accounting functions, including reviewing journal
entries and account reconciliations, financial results for internal
and external purposes, audit support, and financial analysis.Job
RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.Primary
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Applies advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting
Principles (GAAP) and Statutory Accounting Principles (STAT) and
regulatory accounting treatment to complex accounting transactions
and shares understanding of key implications.
- May assist team members in developing knowledge of various
- Makes recommendations, prepares and communicates processes and
procedures, financial results and analysis to internal and external
- Assists in resolving accounting issues and makes
recommendations to leadership.
- Performs in a financial accounting advisory capacity to
operational business leaders on matters pertaining to business
initiatives or strategies. Collaborates and maintains strong
relationships with business partners.
- Leads special projects related to financial accounting and
coordinates with key stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate
- Resolves issues and provides informed, proactive reporting and
analysis to enable effective decision making.
- Develops and maintains processes, procedures and tools
impacting financial accounting that may impact the finance
- Facilitates and reviews internal controls to ensure an
effective and efficient financial system.
- Reviews the work of team members and provides guidance and
coaching when issues arise.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; OR
a Bachelor's degree in another field coupled with a Certified
Public Accountant (CPA) designation OR 4 years of related
experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience
required) may be substituted in lieu of degree when coupled with a
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation.
- 6 years of relevant work experience performing accounting
functions including preparing and reviewing journal entries,
account reconciliations and preparing financial results for
internal and external purposes or other similar experience.
- Advanced knowledge and application of GAAP and STAT or
regulatory accounting practices.
- Demonstrated ability to partner and communicate effectively
with internal and external team members.
- Advanced knowledge of financial or accounting data analysis
techniques and statistical methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant technical accounting and
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Word.When you apply
for this position, you will be required to answer some initial
questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin
the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time
and you will not be able to change your responses.Preferred
- Solid technical accounting skills.
- Property & Casualty experience preferred but not required.The
above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective
process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure
we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based
on your experience and market position. The salary range for this
position is: $80,200 - $144,500*Employees may be eligible for pay
incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or
at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. *Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average. Shift premium: will be
addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits: At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals. Please click on the link below for more details.USAA Total
RewardsRelocation assistance is not available for this
Keywords: USAA, Carrollton , Financial Accountant Senior (Hybrid Work Location), Accounting, Auditing , Carrollton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!