A/R CASH SPECIALIST
Company: McLane Company
Posted on: November 21, 2022
This position is responsible for timely, efficient, and accurate
applications of customer payment receipts to the respective
customer A/R sub-ledger account. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS /
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Other duties may be assigned. A
teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Apply customer payments to the respective invoices or charges
on the customer's A/R sub-ledger account, as indicated by the
payment / remittance detail the customer provides.
- Investigate and accurately record payment discrepancies,
unapplied cash and chargebacks, in the respective customer A/R
- Reconcile A/R cash applications to the respective bank account
- Analyze and review A/R Cash Application processes in order to
identify areas where enhancements could be made to increase
- Identify internal or external issues creating reconciliation
issues, such as, short payments, misapplied payments, billing
errors, etc., and assist in the resolution with the appropriate
internal or external personnel.
- As needed, assist in any special projects assigned by
Supervisor or Manager. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS: A
teammate in this position must:
- Be a High School graduate with some college credits (preferably
over 30 hours).
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience in a computerized
accounting environment and specific experience in accounts
receivable systems a plus. JD Edwards experience preferred, but not
- Have previous cash application experience preferred.
- Have at least beginner to Intermediate skills in Microsoft
Excel and Word.
- Be able to use a ten-key by touch.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, self-motivation, and be a
- Be able to speak, read and understand the English
- Be able to successfully pass a physical capabilities test, drug
screen and criminal background check. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Office environmentCandidates may be subject to a background
check and drug screen, in accordance with applicable laws.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: McLane Company, Carrollton , A/R CASH SPECIALIST, Accounting, Auditing , Carrollton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!