Controls Test Engineer III
Posted on: March 20, 2020
Company OverviewLennox International (LII) is a leading global
provider of innovative climate control solutions for heating,
ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR)
markets.Beginning over a century ago, Lennox International has
built a strong heritage of Innovation and Responsibility. Our
position as an innovation leader continually inspires us to promote
more efficient energy use and a healthier environment through our
product operations. Our engaged and diverse workforce is committed
to providing climate control solutions that provide the most value
and comfort for our customers. We are proud to have instilled a
shared sense of responsibility and commitment among our
approximately 10,000 employees located throughout North America,
South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
#LI-DNIJob DescriptionRole Description
As a Controls Test Engineer, you will be an integral part of the
residential product development and research team. You will conduct
system verifications for controls engineering to maintain quality
of all the new and maintenance firmware release cycles. In this
role, you will collaborate with our software engineering teams and
quality teams to ensure our products have the highest standards of
technical depth, passion, quality and excellence.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Collaborate with all constituents involved in product
development & release activity including development, testing,
program management and other entities to ensure execution &
deliverables per plan
- Design and develop test framework for testing embedded
- Generation of optimized test plans, ensuring 100% traceability
& coverage of requirements to test design and test scripts
- Effective requirements analysis, test case design, scripting
and test execution
- Development of test strategies for communicating embedded
- Analyze and debug issues found during testing and
- Assist in creating and/or tracking test plans, test schedules
- Actively investigate and study relevant technology and customer
trends to anticipate and apply customer and technical needs for the
Controls technology platform
QualificationsWHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technical Degree
- 5-10 yrs. of experience in testing
- Proficiency in C, C++ for Embedded firmware development and
testing is required.
- Experience programming and testing multitask or multi-threaded
- Knowledge in embedded firmware testing, test design,
development processes, etc.
- Working knowledge for developing white box and black box
- Experience in LabVIEW RT & FPGA
- Knowledge in Software Engineering concepts, Quality processes
- Experience with serial communication protocols (I2C, RS-485,
- System verification of embedded products with graphical user
interface and hardware I/O's.
- Knowledge of networking protocols TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP and
application protocols like JSON
- Knowledge of wireless communication protocols (Wi-Fi and
Bluetooth) is a plus.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python.
- Knowledge of Requirements Management, Configuration Management
concepts source code version control, bug tracking and
- Familiarity with the HVAC industry is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Lennox, we realize that our greatest assets are our employees.
This is why we are committed to providing limitless opportunities
for growth and development of all our employees, largely promoting
from within the organization. Our Controls Test Engineer position
is ideal for anyone looking for a technically challenging career
with long term growth possibilities.
- Competitive base salary
- Yearly performance bonus
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Excellent 401K Matching Program - Additional Company
Contributions After 1 Year of Service!
- Stock Purchase Program
- Community involvement opportunities
- Robust Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation assistance is available
- And much, much more!
If you are a motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal and
organization skills, this may be the opportunity for you.
Keywords: Lennox, Carrollton , Controls Test Engineer III, Engineering , Carrollton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!