Engineering Tech Ld
Company: Freddie Mac
Posted on: April 28, 2020
Engineering Tech Ld
Full Time/Part Time
The Network Engineering Tech Lead will be part of the Network and
Network security Team within the Information Technology Division.
This position is responsible to provide engineering leadership and
support for the delivery of multi-site enterprise and data center
network environments; including the creation of design,
implementation and configuration of device, solving problems of
network and security infrastructure technologies and solutions!Your
work falls into four primary categories:Design and Build
- Design and build complete solution including racking, cabling
request, configuration for routing, Palo firewalls, EVPN.
- Advanced hands on experience with Palo firewall, F5 load
balancers and BGP routing including routing to AWS.
- Understand Business Requirements, participate in Requirements
Analysis, design and build complete network solutions based on
Requirements and Architecture, prof or concepts if necessary,
develop, test and deploy.
- Understand and advocate Network, Security and Voice standards,
reference architectures and robust/scalable/secure Network,
Security and Voice infrastructure, its outcome and ongoing
- Provide technical guidance, develop design documents, perform
product installation, upgrades and certification, implementation
plan, deployment and troubleshooting support.
- Diagnose, solve and provide root cause analysis for hardware
and network related issues.
- On-call on a rotation schedule but also be available to assist
Network Operations during major issue or outages.
- Coordination with Operations team for the design, build and
production readiness of Network, Security and Voice infrastructure
solutions supporting mission critical production environments.
- Provide design documents, schedule hand off meetings with
operations and assist in solving issues.
- Engage with Architecture, Information Security and Business
areas. Partner with Architecture, Information Security and Business
areas to define technical solutions to complex business issues that
align with target state architecture and conforms to corporate
- Provide technical guidance to the project team. Design complete
network solutions and lead design and network solution
- Business Communication. Engage with internal teams, project
teams and business areas to discuss issues and document or explain
technical solutions in a simplified meaningful way.
- Support other engineers by providing technical information,
reviewing designs and making recommendations.
- Mentor junior members in the operations team and engineering
- Help coordinate project deployments with other engineers and
make schedule recommendations.
Work Location Zip Code
Infrastructure & End User Svcs
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, engineering,
computer science, related field or equivalent experience.
- 10 years of relevant experience in IT Network Engineering and
- 7+ years in a senior level engineering role engaged with IP
network technologies including LAN switching, BGP/OSPF routing,
VPLS/MPLS, Quality of Service, traffic engineering, server load
balancing and network-security design and delivery for large scale
multi-site data center environments.
- 7+ years of experience with the design, configuration,
implementation and troubleshooting of Cisco IOS and Cisco Nexus
Switches and Routers, Cisco Wireless, Cisco ASA VPN, F5 Networks
LTM/GTM, Palo Alto Firewall, Cisco Identity Service Engine, Cisco
Firepower IDS/IPS, Bluecoat Proxy.
- Understand High Availability and Disaster Recovery concepts as
apply to Network and Security designs.
- Experience with Arista network equipment and CloudVision.
- Experience with cloud deployments, hybrid cloud models and
colocation data centers.
- Experience with NTP, RADIUS/TACACS+, DNS and DHCP
- Experience with network visibility and monitoring using Gigamon
GigaVue and Opnet solutions.
Key to success in this role
- Works under minimal direction.
- Strong network configurations experience (this is hands on
- Good communication and teammate.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as primary
- Innovative in providing solutions, likes to take on challenges
with calculated risk.
- Quick learner of new technologies and tools.
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
- Customer Focus - We Engage with internal business partners to
learn and deliver on their needs!
- Partnership - We Align with several IT partners, including the
Architecture, Infrastructure, and Support teams in delivering
easily maintainable solutions
- Drive for Execution - Focus on results that meet the business
and corporate needs and moves the company to its future desired
Work Location City
Engineering Tech Ld
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home
borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for
multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team
and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and
make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal
opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Work Location State
Keywords: Freddie Mac, Carrollton , Engineering Tech Ld, Engineering , Carrollton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!