Senior Reliability Engineer
Company: The Dow Chemical Company
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Find and apply to open positions in your areas of interest at
Dow locations worldwide. Dow has an exciting opportunity for a
Senior Siloxane Reliability Engineer located in Carrollton, KY. The
Senior Reliability Engineer facilitates development of the
business/facility maintenance strategy, and solves reliability and
availability losses through application of reliability technology
and tools to enable the plant to meet its business plan and
strategy. The Senior Reliability Engineer focuses on those
opportunities that over a long-term period or historically have
impacted the plant's measured asset capability and the
opportunities identified as "high-risk" in risk assessments,
reliability models and other evaluations. This position requires
expanded conceptual and practical knowledge in own job discipline
and broadens capabilities.
- Sets and Achieves plant Reliability targets(i.e. Product Supply
Reliability (PSR), Asset Mechanical Reliability (AMR), etc.).
- Creates Equipment Reliability Strategies (ERS) based upon Top
Opportunity List, Critical Equipment List, and identified
- Validates ERS implementation and closes gaps to improve/sustain
- Evaluates effectiveness of individual aspects of the PPM
program by showing quantitatively the impact of failures and
Predictive Preventive Maintenance (PPM).
- Optimizes PPM activities, on an on-going basis, to support
overall productivity improvements.
- Identifies and resolve Top Reliability Opportunities and
decrease equipment failure losses in order to meet the site Product
Supply Reliability improvement goals for the given year.
- Develops and maintains, as requested, a model that identifies
the unit operations, equipment, process, etc. that identifies the
value of opportunities for improvement.
- Uses reliability engineering principles and tools (Weibull,
RCI, FMEA, etc.) to identify and eliminate negative reliability
trends and equipment performance.
- Participates in plant health study and efforts to implement
corrective action to maintain or improve plant health.
- Develops and implements the Facility Reliability Strategy.
- Serves as Root Cause Investigation (RCI) Team Leader with
proven RCI skills, coaches others in RCI facilitation and ensures
strong RCI/CAPA fundamentals are practiced within the unit.
- Provides front end loading support for plant Turnarounds.
- Facilitates and implements the HRO principles within the unit,
building strong partnerships and coaching/teaching as needed.
- Facilitates the annual maintenance budget setting process.
- Assists maintenance representatives and project teams to design
reliability, availability, and maintainability into new plants and
equipment systems using Global Project Methodology (GPM) work
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering is
- A minimum of 3 years reliability, engineering, manufacturing or
related experience is required.
- A minimum requirement for this U. S. based position is the
ability to work legally in the United States. No visa
sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for
any type of U. S. permanent residency (green card)
- Desired experience working with or around Glass-lined
equipment, brick-lined equipment or Tantalum-lined equipment. Note:
Domestic relocation assistance may be considered for this
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base
pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company
performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and
rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and
functions with opportunities for personal and professional
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with
colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your
passion to help others About DowDow (NYSE: DOW) combines global
breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and
leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The
Company's ambition is to become the most innovative, customer
centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company. Dow's
portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and
silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated
science-based products and solutions for its customers in
high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure and
consumer care. Dow operates 109 manufacturing sites in 31 countries
and employs approximately 36,500 people. Dow delivered sales of
approximately $43 billion in 2019. References to Dow or the Company
mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please
visitwww.dow.com or follow@DowNewsroom on Twitter.As part of our
dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to
Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color,
national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We
are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in
our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an
accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at
http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at
1-800-523-3945. -------Trademark of Dow or an affiliated company of
Keywords: The Dow Chemical Company, Carrollton , Senior Reliability Engineer, Engineering , Carrollton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!