Third Party Relationship Manager Senior - IT
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Third Party
Relationship Manager Senior IT for one of the following locations:
San Antonio Home Office I, Remote, Phoenix Norterra Parkway, Plano
Legacy or San Antonio, TX Vista Corporate Center.
Enables USAA's third-party risk management/procurement strategies
and program pillars of managing risk, strengthening operational
efficiency, driving Enterprise value, and delivering exceptional
customer experience through effective relationship management of
multiple third-party relationships. Understands the relevant
operational risks and regulatory compliance requirements of the
business processes outsourced to the third party. Primary duties
are focused on Third-Party Risk Management Lifecycle Process
responsibilities for planning, risk assessment and due diligence,
contract negotiations, on-going monitoring, and termination.
Partners with the third-party risk management and procurement
operations, CoSA leadership, and various support partners to build
and enable business strategies, justify utilization, identify and
select providers and effectively monitor and manage compliance with
applicable policies and regulatory requirements, adherence to USAA
policy, standards, procedures, reporting requirements, service
level objectives, etc. This job resides in a line of business or a
staff agency (CoSA) and requires continuous engagement and
collaboration with other third-party roles as defined by the policy
(i.e., Category Managers) within the CoSA s operating
- Responsible for effective and compliant management of multiple
third-party relationships with moderate or high inherent risks that
can decrease or hinder the Enterprise s ability to execute on one
area of the mission, damage reputation, or impair financial
stability of the Enterprise such that capital strength or liquidity
- Leverages extensive knowledge of industry laws and regulations
along with approved USAA third-party risk management and
procurement policies, standards, processes and controls, technology
and tools, etc. to identify, document, mitigate, and manage risks
while diligently monitoring third-party relationship compliance
with USAA and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for driving execution of required on-boarding
activities ensuring third-party providers have required access to
appropriate USAA systems, facilities, on-line resources, training,
etc., with support from Procurement, Information Security,
Compliance, etc. Ensures termination of relationships including
removal of system and physical access to USAA assets as well as
coordinating transition to in-house functional area or on-boarding
of an alternate third-party.
- Executes the Inherent Risk Questionnaire (IRQ) process to
assess risk profiles of third-parties and ensure effective
application of appropriate rigor to manage risks through the
duration of the relationship.
- Identifies, monitors, and manages action plans to address risk
and performance issues/findings.
- Follow approved escalation processes to ensure timely issue
resolution and completion of action plans.
- Assists leadership in preparing responses to regulatory
inquiries involving assigned relationships.
- Partners with first-line of defense (i.e., Business Risk and
Control Advisors) and second-line of defense partners (i.e., Risk,
Compliance) to develop, implement and monitor operational controls
that enable effective management and deliver expected performance
from integrated business processes (end-to-end USAA and third-party
- Ensures contract documentation accurately reflects
products/services provided via assigned third-party relationships
and monitors third-party s ability to deliver against contractual
requirements and service level agreements.
- Supports the development of key performance indicators for the
- Monitors third-party relationships for Member complaints and
levels of Member satisfaction.
- Reconciles and ensures payment of third-party relationship
invoices, purchase orders and spend management.
- Fosters effective collaborative partnerships with third-party
suppliers and internal clients.
- Facilitates management routines and documents conversations
between USAA stakeholders and third-party relationships to gain
alignment of approach to compliance with new or changing logs and
regulations, strategic direction and road maps, risk appetite,
- Identifies Enterprise value through analysis of the strategic
objectives of sourcing a product/service to a third-party and
evaluating the alignment with broader CoSA and Enterprise
objectives; development of projections of future demand related to
third-party relationships based on expertise in business, industry,
and other trends.
- Serves as a coach to peers and team members and acts as a
resource for escalated issues.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
business activitiesMinimum Education:
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
degreeMinimum Work Experience:
- And 6 or more years of relevant supply chain management,
vendor/third-party risk management, or operations experience in
financial services, information technology, or related
- 2 or more years of experience with relevant regulatory
compliance, industry regulations and regulatory data sources such
as Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC),
- Federal Reserve Board, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Advanced knowledge of relevant business process(es) and
regulatory compliance requirements
- Advanced knowledge of supply chain management, budget controls,
and project management
- Experience analyzing and interpreting dataStrong communication
skills with proven ability to influence solutions across all
- Strong attention to detail in third-party relationship
management*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5
minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
- Demonstrated prior TPRM (Third Party Risk Management), STM
(Supplier Technology Management), VRM (Vendor Relationship
Management), SDE (Service Delivery Evaluator), Supplier Management
or Contracting/Sourcing deep expertise.
- Strong experience and technology expertise in one of the
following disciplines: Technology Infrastructure, Hardware,
Software, Tools, Development, Security or Architecture
- Strong experience in at least one of the following areas:
contracting, technology sourcing, technology risk and control,
management of external suppliers or service provider/ outsourced
- Strong understanding of risk and compliance and
regulations/regulatory requirements as related to Information
Technology or Third Party Supplier Management.
- Demonstrated ability establishing partnerships to ensure
effective planning and collaboration on Third Party Risk Management
related matters and coordination between various risk functions
across the CAO and Enterprise areas.
- Experienced contributions assisting the quantifying and
communicating through the use of Risk and Control framework,
inherent and residual risks and KRI/KPI s, the impact of Technology
Third Party Risk to multiple organizations and control partner
- Experienced contributions assisting the guiding and assisting
consulting business and technology managers responsible for third
party supplier relationships.The above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA
our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the
business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.Relocation assistance is not available for
this position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in
current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must
have manager s approval prior to posting.Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 3/23/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager,
management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship
Keywords: USAA, Carrollton , Third Party Relationship Manager Senior - IT, Executive , Carrollton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!