Director, Channel Strategy
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job Description - Director, Channel Strategy (0000261M)
Director, Channel Strategy - 0000261M Are you looking to make a
difference in a patient's life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find
an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to
making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our
responsibility to create healthier futures. What you will be doing
POSITION SUMMARY: Under general direction of the Sr Director,
Channel Strategy, responsible for channel strategy and product
access of Brand and Specialty products for AmerisourceBergen's
distribution companies. Works closely with all ABC Business Units
and associated functional groups to drive development of new
business opportunities and successful partnerships with Brand and
Specialty Manufacturers. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with ABC Business Units and functional groups
across Distribution (full line & specialty) and Commercialization
Services to develop channel and distribution strategies for new and
existing Brand & Specialty manufacturers.
- Proactively engages with manufacturers to influence their
channel and distribution strategies and to promote the best
interests of ABC and its customers.
- Lead Senior level exchanges with Brand & Specialty
Manufacturers to influence commercialization decisions and educate
on ABC capabilities.
- Represents AmerisourceBergen Corporation during Strategic
Global Sourcing Brand & Specialty RFPs and RFIs; leads development
of responses and associated presentations.
- Proactively reviews the enterprise pipeline, prioritizing
opportunities to ensure ABC engagement on all potential upcoming
Brand & Specialty product launches.
- Pursues a consultative approach in order to support
communication across ABC to ensure broader enterprise channel
strategies and product access principles are understood.
- Works with the Sr. Director Branded Rx to execute on defined
strategies and new initiatives with new and existing
- Works closely and collaboratively with Strategic Account
Managers, Contract Managers and other ABC leads to drive specific
dollar amounts within targeted manufacturers.
- Develop a thorough understanding of and foster relationships
across the AmerisourceBergen enterprise.
- Participate in Industry organizations and conferences (HDMA,
- Provide regular updates to the Sr. Director on pending business
development engagements and relevant manufacturer updates.
- Supports complex negotiations with manufacturers; consulting
with internal teams and reinforcing key messages with
- Complies with departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time. What your
background should look like (minimum qualifications) EXPERIENCE AND
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Requires significant experience in the
pharmaceutical supply chain and distribution areas (minimum
10years) with 5-7 years at a Sr. Manager or Associate Director
level. Four year degree in fields such as business administration,
accountancy, finance, or similar vocations is required. MINIMUM
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Understanding of supply channel, trends and methodologies
- Proven track record for collaboration, building cohesive and
effective relationships; strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of product and supplier base, product relationships
and pharmaceutical / life sciences industry trends
- Strong facilitation
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong computer skills in order to operate effectively with
company systems and programs; knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel,
Access and Outlook WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
associate encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The noise level in the work environment is generally quiet.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an associate
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Sedentary physical activity requiring reaching, sifting,
lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions,
talking and hearing.
- Visual requirement is for close vision, distance vision,
peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- 50% or more time is spent looking directly at a computer.
- Associate is frequently required to stand, walk (or otherwise
- Ability to deal with stressful situations as they arise. What
AmerisourceBergen offers We offer competitive total rewards
compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit
programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the
various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more--- Throughout our global footprint
and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the
benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are
available through associate contributions.--Specific benefit
offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
About AmerisourceBergen AmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded
Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the
world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our
associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and
business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the
backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of
local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We
create healthier futures. Primary Location United
States-Pennsylvania-Conshohocken Washington 227 Washington St
Conshohocken 19428 Other Locations Organization Drug Company Job
Supply Chain Management Jobs Schedule Full-time Equal Opportunity
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Carrollton , Director, Channel Strategy, Executive , Carrollton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!