Director of Engineering, Circuit Protection
Posted on: January 4, 2022
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES (End Results Expected):
- Ensure new product and technology development focuses on
technical leadership to deliver market differentiation in targeted
- Responsible for the choice of technical direction for the
implementation of products to meet the defined market
- Plan, recommend and resource appropriate tools and design
resources for the New Product Development team.
- Oversee engineering assessment of new product ideas and
estimate time and resources required to develop new products from
design concept to a final product.
- Oversee all technical aspects of design and technology
development from product concept and definition through development
and transfer to manufacture.
- Ensure projects are managed with discipline and are completed
on time and within the established budget.
- Provide technical expertise to all Circuit Protection
Operations in driving continuous improvement, cost reduction, yield
and quality improvement, and supply chain development. This
includes technical reviews at Circuit Protection production
facilities to ensure the Operations has the technical support and
expertise needed to produce quality products on time and within
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to Circuit Protection
Product Managers to develop and execute short and long-term New
Product Development plans for all market segments.
- Build and maintain an Engineering organization that secures the
long-term success of the Division:
- Define organization structure, roles, and responsibilities
- Empower the engineering team to use six-sigma design and
process and develop a plan to achieve the desired product quality
- Ensure high quality and detailed engineering documentation
required to support successful new product launch or
product/process implementation per UL, TS 16949, and QS 9000 / ISO
- Advise design groups as they generate new ideas, design/process
and promote a creative environment for breakthrough design,
patentable ideas, and concepts.
- Utilize concurrent engineering and worldwide teamwork to ensure
best in time development while achieving product quality and
performance requirements for time to market.
- Ensure best in class support to internal and external
customers. BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION: Masters in Science in
Engineering or proven equivalent experience. EXPERIENCE: A
demonstrated mastery of progressively responsible experience in the
field of engineering management. International experience is
desired. A thorough understanding of materials, processes, and
engineering design associated with electrical, magnetic, and
electromechanical products is required. OTHER SKILLS: Must be
detail-oriented and data-driven.
Keywords: Experis, Carrollton , Director of Engineering, Circuit Protection, Executive , Carrollton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!