Data Center Facility Operations Director
Company: Pkaza - Critical Facilities Recruiting
Posted on: May 11, 2022
This opportunity is working directly with a leading
mission-critical data center developer / wholesaler / colo
provider. -This firm provides data center solutions custom-fit to
the requirements of their client's mission-critical operational
facilities. They provide reliability of mission-critical facilities
for many of the world's largest organizations facilities supporting
Enterprise Clients and Hyperscale Companies.
Data Center Facility Operations Director -- Carrollton, TX -
We are looking for an experienced Data Center Facility Operations
Director to support multiple data centers. The Director will be
responsible for managing the overall quality and service of the
operation and maintenance of multiple critical facility
infrastructure systems in accordance with company's policies and
procedures. These Data Centers are a 7x24x365 a year operation. The
director will work with the data center facility managers in
maintaining the relationships with various customers. The
successful candidate will oversee the work performed by in-house
data center facility manager to ensure each site is meeting the
high and dynamic standards of their internal customers. The
successful candidate will also provide consistent leadership and
support through planning, communicating, and managing a team of
professionals responsible to deliver data center facility services.
Responsibilities include the delivery of quality and consistent
services and support as established by the Corporation while
satisfying unique customer requirements, managing issue resolution
and ensuring proper performance reporting of key metrics for the
region, establishing goals and objectives for the region based on
strategic and business plans of the corporation.
- Performing periodic site walk-throughs in order to ensure
Company's procedures (SOPS and MOPS) and standards are followed.
This includes assisting the Facilities Manager, Technicians and any
other contracted vendors.
- Identifying any vulnerabilities while overseeing 3rd -Party
Critical Facilities onsite team.
- Communicating the status of the operation process with senior
management and onsite customers.
- Site acceptance and commissioning of the facility to ensure the
site meets the superior and dynamic standards of Company
- Acting as liaison and coordinating efforts between the
contracted vendors and the onsite customers.
- Oversee the development of procedures/Method of Procedures
(MOPs) for the DC build in addition to approving MOPs for data hall
- Participating in the interview process for prospective
candidates applying to this critical -facility.
- Auditing installed data center components. This audit will be
used to verify the completion of the job scope by the vendor in
addition to verifying the design documentation for the build-out
and ongoing operations of the data hall space.
- Provide strategic / tactical leadership with a background in
best practices - -related to operations -for performance and
reliability on a variety of state of the art critical systems such
as: medium voltage switchgear, diesel generators, UPS systems,
power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, computer
room air handlers, fire detection / suppression; building
monitoring systems; etc
- Supervise the on-site management the facility manager, facility
technicians, sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work is
performed according to established practices and
- Manage Customer Relationship and act as escalation point of
contact for the company at this site.
- Manage the establishment of performance benchmarks, conduct
analyses and prepare reports on all aspects of the critical
facility operations and maintenance.
- Work with business leaders to coordinate projects, manage
capacity and optimize plant safety, performance, reliability and
- Review MOPs and SOPs for all work on critical data center
- Ensure that a constant state of readiness in support of the
mission goal of 99.999% uptime -
- 10-15+ years of data center facility operations and maintenance
- 5 years leadership experience in data center facility
- Budget / P/L responsibility
- Solid Understanding of Critical Electrical and Mechanical /
- Experience supervising a technical data center operations
- Previous experience as a Data Center Facility Manager a
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Good presentation skills in leading meetings (both conference
and in person)
- Superior analytical, planning and problem resolution skills
Knowledge of Company Services and operations structure and support
- Highly organized with proved project management
- Ability to multitask, establish priorities, manage
Please send any -resumes to -email@example.com -( resume at pkaza
dot com ) with -15306534 in the subject. After applying, if you
have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy.
You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other
Critical Facility openings we are working on at,
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not
what you are looking for let's still talk. New openings are coming
in weekly and others we are not allowed to post.
We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including
medical insurance, a 401(k) plan
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza LLC -is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by
Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the
Keywords: Pkaza - Critical Facilities Recruiting, Carrollton , Data Center Facility Operations Director, Executive , Carrollton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!