Life Enrichment Director
Company: Villagio Senior Living
Posted on: September 17, 2022
The Life Enrichment Director is responsible for the strategic
development, ongoing growth and overall coordination in delivering
services and supervision of our Community Life Programs including
the oversight and management of department team members and
coordination with other care partners. Develops administers and
evaluates the day to day operational needs and strategic goals of
the department. Identifies the person-directed needs and wishes of
residents and designs programs to meet these needs. Ensures
compliance with statutes and policies. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:General
- Responsible for the supervision of assigned staff, per the
direction of the Executive Director. Hires, trains, motivates,
leads, directs and evaluates defined staff.
- Using a holistic approach, provides consultation, resources and
training for others on life enrichment principles and
- Harnesses the creativity and passions of elders to create a
vibrant resident-directed culture.
- Collaborates with all care partners and departments to build
spontaneity and meaningful interaction throughout all aspects of
- Develops and monitors the community life budget; orders
supplies and equipment as needed.
- Responsible for meeting all statutory, state, federal, local
and Organizational requirements.
- Conducts initial and ongoing community needs assessments on all
residents and formulates community initiatives and program
development based on that information and resident expectation
- Assists residents in coordinating monthly resident council
meetings. Tracks and records minutes. Ensures follow up by
- Participates in healthcare resident care conferences as part of
the interdisciplinary team process.
- Promotes positive public relations through community use of
facilities and through the scheduling of community/home
- Oversees the creation and implementation of monthly newsletters
and calendars. In addition, continually evaluates to ensure the
interests and needs of the residents are met.
- Participates in relevant task forces or committees.Safety and
- Understand and follow safety and infection control policies and
- Follow established procedures in the use and disposal of
personal protective equipment.
- Wear and/or use safety equipment and supplies (e.g., gait belt,
back brace, mechanical lifts, etc.) when lifting or moving
- Keep floors dry. Report spills immediately.
- Report all hazardous conditions and equipment problems to the
supervisor/licensed nurse immediately.Light Cleaning Functions
- Assist housekeeping in maintaining offices and common areas
ensuring rooms are safe, comfortable, attractive and
- Attends in-service and education programs and attends
continuing education required for maintenance of professional
certification or licensure if applicable. Develop and maintain
professional affiliations.Residents' Rights Functions
- Promotes and protects residents' rights, assists residents to
make informed decisions, treats residents with dignity and respect,
supports residents' independent expression, choice and
decision-making consistent with all pertinent laws regarding
residents' rights. Reports suspected abuse or neglect in accordance
with applicable law and regulations.Other
- Perform other related duties as assigned by his/her
supervisor.QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- College degree in gerontology, recreational therapy,
occupational therapy or related hospitality/leisure field.
- At least two years of experience directing programs with a
- Minimum of 2-years' experience in a supervisory position.
- Appropriate licensure to drive facility bus.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication and
customer service skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft
Office.WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to
50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Sits, stands, bends and moves intermittently during working
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with residents, family members and visitors
Keywords: Villagio Senior Living, Carrollton , Life Enrichment Director, Executive , Carrollton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!