Digital Software Engineer Senior Manager (Hybrid)
Posted on: January 19, 2023
The Digital Software Engineer Senior Manager accomplishes
results through the management of professional team(s) and
department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise
within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others
will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas
collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as
coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function.
Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and
diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and
convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and
occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume,
quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May
have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation
within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource
planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may
include management of people, budget and planning, to include
duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring,
disciplinary and terminations and may include budget
- Possess the ability to continuously build a network of talent
inside and outside of the company.
- Create mechanisms to help onboard new talent to the
organization and be able to mentor others.
- Effectively coach and give feedback to direct reports to help
develop talent and support career development
- While managing the team you will be able to apply performance
standards and identify resource needs for the team in order to set
and balance goals across team to optimize performance against
department goals and employee development. This will include the
ability to describe strategic importance of vision inside and
outside of the team and to set and articulate expectations around
leadership behavior; including role model behavior that exemplifies
Citi's leadership principles.
- Design, implement, and deploy software components and solve
difficult problems generating positive feedback.
- Have a solid understanding of development approaches (and how
to best use them).
- Able to work independently and with your team to deliver
- Deliver work that is consistently of a high quality (e.g.,
secure, testable, maintainable, low-defects, efficient, etc.) and
incorporates best practices. Your team trusts your work.
- Code reviews tend to be rapid and uneventful; provide useful
code reviews for changes submitted by others.
- Focus on operational excellence, constructively identifying
problems and proposing solutions, taking on projects that improve
your team's software, making it better and easier to maintain.
- Make improvements to your team's development and testing
- Have established good working relationships with team-mates and
peers working on related software.
- Recognize discordant views and take part in constructive
dialogue to resolve them.
- Able to confidently train new team-mates about your customers,
what your team's software does, how it is constructed, tested,
operates, and how it fits into the bigger picture
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as
effectively supervise the activity of others and create
accountability with those who fail to maintain these
- 6-10 years of relevant experience in an Apps Development role
or senior level experience in an Enterprise Architecture role with
subject matter expert in one or more areas.
- Exhibit expertise in all aspects of technology by understanding
broader patterns and techniques as they apply to Citi's internal
and external cloud platforms (AWS, PCF, Akamai)
- Lead resources and serve as a functional SME across the company
through advanced knowledge of algorithms, data structures,
distributed systems, networking, use of knowledge and experience to
lead, architect, and drive broader adoption forward.
- Acquire relevant technology and financial industry skills (AWS
PWS) and understand all aspects of NGA technology - including
innovative approaches and new opportunities.
- Demonstrate knowledge on automating code quality, code
performance, unit testing, and build processing in the
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred - Job
Family Group: Technology - Job Family:Digital Software Engineering
Time Type: Full time Primary Location: Irving Texas United States
Primary Location Salary Range: $134,090.00 - $201,140.00 Citi is an
equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.Qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Citigroup Inc.
and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested
applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person
with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our
search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review
Accessibility at Citi .View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the
EEO is the Law Supplement .View the EEO Policy Statement .View the
Pay Transparency Posting - Effective November 1, 2021, Citi
requires that all successful applicants for positions located in
the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such
vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, Carrollton , Digital Software Engineer Senior Manager (Hybrid), Executive , Carrollton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!