Childcare Site Director Level I- Carrollton/Farmers Branch ISD
Company: YMCA OF METROPOLITAN DALLAS
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Childcare - Afterschool Site Director
Hours: 2:30 PM - 6:30 PM Monday-Friday
LOVE YOUR JOB. SHAPE OUR FUTURE.
Kids are our Cause and serving the families of our communities is
the passion of YMCA Childcare. As a member of our team, you will
find no shortage of talented, passionate people ready to help you
grow and succeed - all the while building a brighter future for
children, families, and communities.
Our mission at YMCA is to put programs into practice that build a
healthy body, mind, spirit for all. We strive to inspire a child's
total wellness and give parents peace of mind. We know that we can
only achieve this mission by recruiting, supporting, and retaining
talented staff and equipping them with the tools they need to serve
our students and grow professionally. We seek to hire individuals
who desire to influence children and those that will uphold our
values and represent our inclusive, cause-driven organization.
We don't rest on past success. Our role as YMCA Leaders is to
continually seek new ways to serve our students, parents, and
communities! We all are responsible to improve our current
offerings and identify new programs and services to meet the
ever-changing needs of our families. We look for individuals who
possess a willingness to learn, have proven leadership skill and
organizational skills, and those that have the ability to
multi-task and problem solve. We desire our team members to have an
imagination, a sense of humor, patience, conviction, sincerity,
enthusiasm, initiative, self-control, adaptability, integrity, and
Our locally-hired staff become part of their local YMCA and are
encouraged to be active in YMCA and community led events to better
understand community needs. Additionally, our local full time
leadership team of over 40 staff ensures that the standards we set
we abide by and continue to revamp to grow.
Safety is our NUMBER ONE priority for our team members and our
children. For this reason, we invest in your certification in:
First Aid and CPR, Child Abuse Awareness, Various Childcare
Trainings required for licensed childcare operations, COVID-19
Safety regulations, Diversity and Inclusion Trainings, and other
YMCA Professional Development Training Opportunities.
A YMCA Afterschool Site Director will oversee the daily operations
and management of a site. The Site Director is instrumental in
making sure all afterschool activities are planned and scheduled
daily for enrollees, and that all Group Leaders understand their
daily roles and responsibilities to ensure that campers are
provided with a safe, engaging, bully-free and intentionally fun
Additional responsibilities include:
- Serve as first contact for Texas Department of Family and
Protective Services Licensing Representative for visits,
inspections, as well as follow-up with requested information.
- Report any staff or child accident/incidents or suspected child
abuse injury to the Site Director as soon as possible. Will fill
out appropriate report, make necessary phone calls, and follow all
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings, training, and any other
meetings deemed necessary by the Program Director.
- Assist with drills to practice site-evacuation/emergency
procedures for fire, chemical spill, tornado, etc., and is capable
of implementing such procedures.
- Daily availability Monday - Friday from 2:30 PM - 6:30 PM
- Must qualify for state license- The Department of Health and
Human Services (this link will provide more detailed information
regarding the license)
- Minimum age: 21 years of age; Education: High School Degree/
G.E.D. or higher
- At least 1-year previous experience as a member of an
afterschool program or day camp program, or other recognized
facility, with a Bachelor degree OR 2 years of full-time experience
working in licensed childcare with at least 70 credit hours of
training in child or youth development, recreational leadership or
management without a Bachelor degree.
- Standing and walking for long periods of time to provide proper
auditory and visual supervision while walking around, and carry at
least 30 pounds when needed, and be able to go from sitting to
standing with ease.
- Maintain a strong, positive relationship with the local YMCA
personnel to ensure our community connection to that branch. As
well as communicating effectively with parents and staff.
- Must complete First Aid, CPR, Sexual Harassment, and Child
Abuse Prevention within the first 30 days and any other training
deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Must have auditory and/or visual awareness of each child's
ongoing activity as appropriate.
YMCA Childcare Perks/Benefits
The YMCA truly cares about its employees, is a great place to help
build your resume, everyday is different, you can make an impact
and enjoy many perks of working at the Y!
- NO WEEKEND WORK SCHEDULE (seasonal paid trainings will be
announced two months in advance)
- FREE Y Membership/Discounts on Y programs
- Opportunity to earn Paid Time Off
- Bi-weekly pay, mileage reimbursement, paid orientations, and
- Peer Mentoring opportunities
- Paid CPR certification and fingerprinting
- 403b Retirement Option
- Discounts on Y programs
- Opportunities for Professional development and childcare
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Opportunities for sign-on, retention, and referral bonuses
- Discounted YMCA gear
- Paid PPE
- Employee Referral Bonus of $50 and up
- Seasonal Discounts for entertainment and retailers
MAKE A DIFFERENCE. WORK AT THE Y.
Keywords: YMCA OF METROPOLITAN DALLAS, Carrollton , Childcare Site Director Level I- Carrollton/Farmers Branch ISD, Executive , Carrollton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!