RN (Home Health Nurse PRN)-TheraCare College Station
Company: Cantex Continuing Care Network
Posted on: January 21, 2023
TheraCare Home Health-College Station 171 - CARROLLTON, TX
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are at the heart of Cantex. We are
committed to a culture that respects our differences and values the
contributions of all people.
Please visit cantexcc.com for more information on this
The overall purpose of the Case Manager position is to conduct all
aspects of supervision and management of patient care, including
LVN and HHA supervision, case conferences and discharge planning to
enable the agency to identify the medically related social and
emotional needs of the patients. This position will promote
patients' potential during their home health episode and
collaborates with physician, clinical team and patient in
preparation for discharge.
- Registered Nurse, licensed per the state requirements
- Skills in communication, documentation, assessment, and social
work methods and techniques.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
Case Manager Essential Functions:
- Supervises and manages all aspects of patient care, including
LVN and HHA supervision
- Coordinates the distribution of visits among all disciplines
(SN, PT, OT, ST, MSW, HHA) after the Start of Care, Recertification
or Resumption of Care is completed, and coordinates POC with the
physician. Ensures all visits are provided as ordered.
- Initiates referrals to appropriate ancillary services i.e.
podiatry, community services.
- Facilitates interdisciplinary communication to ensure that
patients' needs and expectation for services provided are
understood and to ensure optimization of service delivery and
- Leads weekly interdisciplinary case conferences for patient
caseload, and contributes to the development of care plans for
- Establishes specific social action plans and realistic goals
for each patient consistent with medically related social and
- With the Administrator, interprets and promotes patients'
rights and the "Patients' Bill of Rights".
- Coordinates all aspects of discharge planning with patients,
clinical team and agency
- Provides individual and group help for patients/residents and
families at times of adjustment, crisis or particular need.
- Completes all necessary and supportive
documentation-assessments, evaluations, visit notes and discharges,
in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Ability to function as a team leader/role model.
- Serves on various committees as requested by
- Has reviewed TheraCare Home Health Clinical Policies and
Procedures on Abuse Prevention and knows the employee's
responsibility to enforce it.
- Responsible for assuring patient safety.
- Performs other duties/tasks as assigned.
RN essential functions:
- Every SOC, ROC and recertification will be reported to the team
via HIPAA-compliant text messaging or email to include discipline
orders, frequencies and any pertinent information the team needs to
- All OASIS documentation will be completed and synched by 9:00AM
the following day, 7 days per week.
- All RNs may be required to participate in the on call weekend
rotation, including PRN staff. The size of each branch will
determine the frequency of on call responsibility.
- Full time staff may be required to work a minimum of one major
and one minor holiday each year and could have additional holiday
coverage requirements depending on the size of branch and number of
staff in the agency location.
- PRN staff may be required work one major and one minor holiday
each year, may be required to work at least 2 weekend days each
month, and complete a minimum of 5 visits each month unless on an
approved leave of absence status, depending on the needs of their
We are an Equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Cantex Continuing Care Network, Carrollton , RN (Home Health Nurse PRN)-TheraCare College Station, Healthcare , Carrollton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!