Admissions RN - Admission
Company: Vitas Healthcare
Posted on: September 8, 2023
Admissions RNThe Admissions RN is a registered nurse and an
Interdisciplinary Team member whose primary responsibility is to
present VITAS services and philosophy to patients and families in a
manner that results in the admission of appropriate patients.
* Participation in the information gathering, analysis, education
and form completion aspects of the admissions process
* Evaluate patients for hospice appropriateness, e.g. medical
records review as requested.
* Obtain agreement for admission of referred patients and families
who meet admission criteria.
* Analyze data collected by the LPN to facilitate/obtain admission
* Build effective referral source relationships to support the high
quality and responsiveness expectations associated with VITAS.
* Maintain clinical and professional competence.
* Take the initiative in developing effective relationships
internally with the appropriate admissions and patient care
* Utilize interpersonal skills to help appropriately educate and
address any questions the patient and/or patient's family has
concerning hospice and palliative care.
* Knowledge of the principles of the intake, admission, and
transition to care process with the ability to further develop
skills in these competency areas.
* Ability to communicate effectively with patients and families,
physicians, referral sources and colleagues.
* Knowledge of clinical manifestations of diseases and ability to
develop VITAS specific clinical knowledge.
* Ability to use the VITAS information system and mobile technology
* Reliable means of transportation.
* Currently licensed as a R.N. in the state where duties are
* Previous hospital, physician practice, LTC or ALF experience
* Strong Presentation Skills
* Previous sales or service experience preferred
* Bachelor's degree preferred
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATE
* EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Keywords: Vitas Healthcare, Carrollton , Admissions RN - Admission, Healthcare , Carrollton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!