Company: Freddie Mac
Posted on: March 27, 2020
In this Senior Developer position, you would work in a team that
provides data, analytics and reporting solutions that serve
business applications and end users. These solutions are typically
COTS tools including most recognizable names in the analytics and
data spaces. You would assist with and be responsible for
automation of the deployment and configuration of these tools in
VMC and Cloud Native platforms. Such automation would include, but
not be limited to, using Kubernetes for orchestration,
Elasticsearch/Kibana for logging, building self-service tools and
devising monitoring solutions to ensure the availability of the
Your Work Falls into Two Primary Categories:
- Proficient in programming languages, expertise in at least one
- Extensive experience in scripting, working with frameworks,
- Management and operation of public cloud
- Design and implement public cloud architectures and
- Design Native Cloud Application Architectures or optimize
applications for public cloud
- Migration of applications, tools and services to public cloud
plan and implement solutions for backup and recovery, high
availability, key management, and other strategic initiatives
- Design and build secure and scalable software
- Experience working with Kubernetes, EKS, Docker containers
- Advanced understanding of networking, security and database
topicsInfrastructure Engineering: Application Support
- Apply broad technical knowledge, judgment and analytical skills
to analyze, develop and implement solutions for process
improvements, troubleshooting, production support, production
operations and configuration management.
- Capture, update and simplify production support resolution
activities, production operations tools & capabilities, and
configuration management sustainability & applicability.
- Build practices, automated capabilities and communication
across department for enhanced application and operational controls
compliance including awareness, daily practice integration,
evidence collection, successful completion, complexity reduction
and resource utilization.
- Enable configuration management across asset management
capabilities for computing/servers, application components,
software, network devices and other technical aspects to contribute
toward impact assessment capabilities, improved decision making
across IT services and sustainable IT lifecycle.
- Provides resolutions to an extensive range of complicated
- Solutions are innovative, thorough, and practicable. Works
under limited direction Independently determines and develops
approach to solutions.
- Work is evaluated upon completion for adequacy in satisfying
- Represents the organization as the principal customer contact
on contracts and often performs project leadership role.
- Interacts with senior customer personnel on significant
technical matters frequently requiring coordination across
- Experience implementing and managing application and platform
monitoring tools (SiteScope, Nimsoft, Opnet)
- Experience with any of the following tools is a plus:
MicroStrategy, SAS, Tableau, SSRS, RStudio/Shiny, Denodo,
- More than 5 years of hands-on experience with Python or Java
working in on-prem, VMC or AWS environments.
- Bachelor---s Degree required.
- Experience as an infrastructure engineer a plus
- Develop and maintain documentation required to support the
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, in
leading teams and coordinating with peers and other disciplines on
driving projects/issues to closure.
- Provide on-call support during nights, weekends, and
- Ability to adhere and enforce company and department
- Strong desire to learn new tools.
- Comfortable following to Agile methodologies
- Experience implementing Jira and Confluence tools a plus
- Experience with open source data analytical tools (Anaconda, R,
Python) a plus
- Strong understanding of design patterns and experience building
web applications that consume API interfacesKeys to Success in this
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- Ability to work & collaborate effectively in a team
- Sense of urgency and able to apply risk-based approach to
- Disaster Recovery experience, either in-region or
- Capability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic
environment with competing priorities
- Proficient in communicating clearly, effectively, persuasively
with technology and business stakeholders.
- Motivated to learn new technologies and identify process
improvements and efficiencies.
- Ability to adapt to change while continuing to deliver on
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.Preferred
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home
borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for
multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team
and you---ll do important work for the housing finance system and
make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal
opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Keywords: Freddie Mac, Carrollton , Cloud Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Carrollton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!