Company: SGA Inc.
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a
Linux Engineer for a CONTRACT assignment with one of our premier
Healthcare Services clients in Carrollton, TX.
- Ensures completeness of technical requirements and analysis for
the support of system business solutions.
- Identifies requirements gaps or issues.
- Works with business areas to ensure proper communication/review
of requirements and support.
- Evaluates technical requirements for incidents and requests to
determine the impact to the infrastructure including equipment
redundancy and capacity requirements.
- Installs, configures, and tests infrastructure
- Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as
needed for current and new technology.
- Makes recommendations to improve security and participates in
investigations as needed.
- Adheres to security requirements.
- Designs, plans and leads testing efforts and coordinates
feedback of test results.
- Escalates problems as needed.
- Assists in establishing requirements, methods and procedures
for routine maintenance and performs them.
- Ensures performance meets the present and future needs of the
- Forecasts utilization patterns and identifies modifications or
- Designs reports to identify patterns and trends.
- Ensures continuous monitoring procedures are set per the
company standard and requirements.
- Recommends changes/enhancements for improved systems
availability, reliability and performance.
- Recommends operational metrics.
- Analyzes metrics to understand performance and identifies
opportunities for continuous improvements.
- Performs Level 2 incident assessment and resolution on
- Investigates alternative methods to expedite problem
- Recommends procedures and controls for problem resolution,
creates temporary solutions until permanent ones can be
- Researches, analyzes and recommends the implementation of
software or hardware changes to rectify current problems or similar
- Reviews checklists and scripts and updates as needed.
- Works with auditors and security groups to ensure adherence to
governance, regulations, and compliance with policies and
- Assists in developing SLAs or OLAs.
- Works with vendors to resolve problems and develop
- Evaluates vendor solutions to ensure compliance with
- Documents new or modified infrastructure solutions, modules,
test activities/results and other areas such as error
- Ensures all documentation is delivered according to specified
- Proofreads documents for accuracy.
- Provides coaching to team members.
- Bachelor's degree or technical institute degree/certificate in
a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Requires 3-5 years of RedHat, SUSE, systems
- Minimum of 3-5 years supporting Linux in an environment with
over 2000+ Linux servers
- Advanced Understanding of the RedHat and SUSE Enterprise Linux
- Relevant certification is an advantage.
- Experience working within an enterprise ticketing system
incidents, requests, change control, preferably
- Good understanding of Networking concepts.
- Understanding of DNS concepts and InfoBlox
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts
- They must be able to add and remove resources in
- VMware console access experience
- Patch management experience
- Virtual server build experience using templates
- Understand the concepts of Puppet
- Strong BASH scripting skills
- Understanding of SAN concepts
- Understanding of ITIL concepts
- Understanding of Linux Security concepts
- Understanding of Linux Performance tuning concepts
- Excellent communication Skills
- Advanced diagnostic and troubleshooting skills to determine not
only what the issue is but the source of the issue and the
- Able to resolve complex issues related to the OS
- Expert understanding of Logical Volume management
- Advanced understanding of the Linux boot process
- Advanced understanding of the Linux Kernel
- Must have advanced knowledge of 2 or more of the following
- Enterprise Puppet
- SUSE Manager
- RedHat Satellite server
- Experience with general IT concepts beyond their primary
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills; effective team player
- Good analytical skills with attention to detail
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize work load
- Understanding of ITSM
- RedHat (RHCSA) or SuSE (SCA) Certified Engineer preferred
SGA is a technology and resource solutions provider driven to stand
out. We are a women-owned business. Our mission: to solve big IT
problems with a more personal, boutique approach. Each year, we
match consultants like you to more than 1,000 engagements. When we
say let's work better together, we mean it. You'll join a diverse
team built on these core values: customer service, employee
development, and quality and integrity in everything we do. Be
yourself, love what you do and find your passion at work. Please
find us at .
EEO Employer: Race, Color, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender
Identity, Religion, National Origin, Disability, Veteran Status,
Age, Marital Status, Pregnancy, Genetic Information, or Other
Legally Protected Status.
Keywords: SGA Inc., Carrollton , Linux Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Carrollton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...