School Technology Specialist
Company: Carroll County School System
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- School Technology Specialist JobID: 1524
- Position Type:
Technology/ Technology Specialist
- Date Posted:
- TITLE: School
REPORTS TO: Chief Technology Officer
JOB OBJECTIVES: (Purpose of the position):
The School Technology Specialist will support administrators,
teacher, and students by maintaining laptops, chrome books,
projectors, document cameras, and all other classroom and school
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Functions essential to
attaining job objectives):
Strategic Goal Area I Student Achievement
1. Work in collaboration with the technology department,
instructional technology, administrators and teachers in support of
the educational goals of the school and district.
Strategic Goal Area II Student/Stakeholder Engagement &
1. Communicate effectively with the technology department,
administrators and teachers to ensure productive use of technology
in the classroom and
consistency throughout the district.
Strategic Goal Area III Efficient and Effective Organizational
1. Configure, install and support PC-based hardware and software;
install and support computer peripherals such as monitors, printer,
scanners, interactive boards/panels, and multi-function
2. Diagnose and fix hardware and software problems; provide
3. Provide end user support for all classroom and administrative
technology in the school.
4. Perform installation and updates of all desktop and network
5. Manage wireless devices such as iPads and Chromebooks.
6. Oversee and manage online testing software for the Access Test
for English Language Learners, End of Course and End of Year
Georgia Milestones Assessments.
7. Manage and maintain Technology Inventory including all devices /
software purchased with State, Title and SPLOST funds.
Strategic Goal Area IV Continuous System and School
1. Help the administrators at each school with researching and
purchasing technology equipment.
2. Perform all other computer or network tasks assigned by the
Chief Technology Officer.
1. Adhere to the Code of Ethics for Educators in
2. Demonstrate prompt and regular attendance.
3. Complete assignments and requirements on time and in compliance
4. Maintain accurate, complete, and appropriate records and file
5. Maintain confidentiality of information and records for students
6. Communicate effectively with students, peers, administrators,
parents and the public.
7. Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills and project a positive
image when dealing with students, peers, administration, parents,
and the public.
8. Have knowledge of and use of proper lifting techniques.
9. Demonstrate ability to problem solve.
10.Be able to lift or move up to 25lbs.
JOB STANDARDS (Minimum qualifications needed to
perform essential job functions):
1. Level One: A+ Certification or Equivalent Certification
2. Level Two: A+ & Network+ Certification or Equivalent
3. Level Three: A+, Network+ and MDAA orGoogle
Certified Educator 1 & 2 & Google Certified Administrator or
4. Level Four: A+, Network+, MDAA&Google Certified
Educator 1 & 2 & Google Certified Administrator or Equivalent
Preference will also be given to candidates whose work
experience provides evidence of strong customer service skills, the
ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
and an innate desire to continually learn new technologies and
train across all IT disciplines.
JOB LOCATION (Place(s) where work is
Assigned school site
Email To A Friend
Keywords: Carroll County School System, Carrollton , School Technology Specialist, Other , carrollton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!