Desktop Support Specialist, Sr.
Company: Securus Technologies
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Welcome to Aventiv Technologies. Please watch this brief video
to find out if this is the place you want to be!
Key contributor in maintaining, troubleshooting, implementing
the enterprise desktop infrastructure environment, as well as
making recommendations to improve systems and operational
efficiency. Works with business clients, IT departments, and
vendors to maintain the end user technology stack which includes:
the operating system, virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), mobile
devices (MDM, MAM), hardware, and other end points. Works with
multiple administrative systems to maintain the integrity of the
overall desktop infrastructure including Active Directory (AD),
Azure AD, and Intune/Endpoint Manager.
- Supports and maintains the enterprise end user computing
platforms ensuring high performance and reliability.
- Plans, designs, documents, and implements desktop
infrastructure including operating system, enterprise software and
- Prepares technical performance and utilization reports as
- Designs, develops, tests, implements, and documents new
software and enhancements to existing applications.
- Performs system changes and support during and after business
hours and participate in an on-call support rotation for providing
- Problem resolution will require working with all members of IT
Operations (Systems Administration, Database Administration,
Network Administration) and IT Development and Quality Assurance to
help resolve or identify issues within our production
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Capable of effective planning and priority setting.
- Skills in system trouble shooting and problem resolution
- Good, planning and organization skills
- Works good within a cross departmental team environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- Able to articulate accomplishment/progress
- In depth understanding of the bash shell and scripting
- Strong teamwork skills
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Microsoft SCCM, Intune or
- Minimum 2 years of experience with VDI Technologies
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Microsoft
Windows based applications
- Strong troubleshooting skills that include application and
operating systems diagnostics
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Information Science/related
discipline or equivalent experience
- Quest KACE K1000/K2000
- Bomgar Appliance management
- Citrix/Terminal Server/Remote Desktop Services
- Printer and file share administration
- Windows AD administration
- Intermediate Networking knowledge
- Intermediate skills in IIS, DHCP, DNS
- Automation skills using PowerShell and other scripting
- Advanced Windows desktop systems management skills
- Familiar with queries & reporting from: MS SQL Server,
- Microsoft certification preferred
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending,
reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating
tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools. May be required to
lift up to 25 pounds.
Equal Employment Policy:
The Company's policy is to provide equal employment opportunity
to all individuals in all of its employment programs and decisions.
Securus Technologies, Inc., and its Subsidiaries will not
discriminate against any associate or qualified job applicant with
respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment
because of that person's race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic or
status protected under local, state or federal law, ordinance or
Keywords: Securus Technologies, Carrollton , Desktop Support Specialist, Sr., Other , Carrollton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!