Sr. Quality Specialist
Company: Treehouse Foods
Posted on: October 2, 2021
Job Posting Title:
Sr. Quality Specialist
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains the facilities Food Safety and Food Quality Program
including all verification and validation activities related to
Preventive Controls. Responsible for leading the facilities Food
Safety team including the responsibility for performing all hazard
analysis on any new raw material or equipment introduced to the
- Leads the plant's efforts to maintain SQF certification.
Maintains SQF Practitioner certification.
- Assists with implementing sanitation assurance initiatives,
pest control and platform regulatory compliance programs.
- Supports maintenance of standards for cleaning equipment,
developing cleaning equipment SOP's and calibration programs.
Performs verification and validation activities on the sanitation
- Supports sanitation team and initiatives to improve and sustain
results in the Environmental Monitoring Programs (EMP and APC
- Coordinates key elements of the allergen control program
including ingredient labeling, segregation, storage, cleanup
process, verification of cleanups, and validation of cleanups, and
on-going verification and validation of the entire allergen control
- Develops Quality and Food Safety training programs, provides
training for production and administrative personnel as required,
and ensures employee understanding of training through verification
- Provides direction and guidance to management during food
safety and quality issues to ensure product is appropriately
protected and root cause, corrective and preventative actions are
identified and implemented.
- Monitors and provides monthly reporting on key food safety
measures (HACCP, Food Safety and Prerequisite programs) and leads
efforts to drive continuous improvement.
- Coordinates with Operations and Engineering management to
evaluate new equipment and facility layout for sanitary design and
works cross-functionally to implement necessary corrective
- Investigates food safety consumer/customer complaints,
identifies appropriate corrective action and provides
professionally acceptable written resolution as needed to the
platform Food Safety & Quality group and Customers.
- Assists Quality Manager and/or leads as required during
Regulatory audits, 3rd party Inspections, Corporate audits, and
- Coordinates product weight control program including routine
monitoring, employee training and CAPA where appropriate.
- Coordinates the facility's food safety self-inspection program
in support of the facility's internal audit program. Provides
on-going coaching and training for facility's internal auditors.
Responsible for reviewing all deficiencies, assisting in the
development of corrective actions, trending of deficiencies, and
tracking and reporting the completion status and verification of
- Acts as liaison for all technical and QA issues between
Supports QA technicians across all shifts of production including
oversight of plant product sensory program and raw material
- Address food safety related hold or scrap issues including
initiating and closing quality incident reports.
- Other duties and assignments as directed by management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, Business or
- Minimum four to six years of experience in Quality Management
in a food, beverage or dairy production environment preferred.
- Three or more years of experience supervising or managing
quality in a food, beverage or dairy production environment
- Advanced knowledge of FDA, HACCP, and SQF.
- Food safety audit experience required. SQF (preferred), BRC or
- Infinity software experience is a plus.
- Experience of federal/state food safety regulations.
- Computer proficiency. Microsoft Office experience.
- Statistical process control.
LANGUAGE AND TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret regulatory compliance
- Ability to implement quality systems.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical information in
mathematical and/or narrative form and deal with several abstract
and concrete variables.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and
offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with
your job search or application for employment, please contact us by
sending an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email
please include a description of the specific accommodation you are
requesting and a description of the position for which you are
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: Treehouse Foods, Carrollton , Sr. Quality Specialist, Other , Carrollton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!