Associate Quality Specialist
Company: Treehouse Foods
Posted on: October 2, 2021
Job Posting Title:
Associate Quality Specialist
Implement quality programs within the plant. Support management in
the implementation of relevant quality processes and procedures and
the daily execution of related activities. Participate on cross
functional teams to ensure effective implementation of quality
initiatives and processes. Brings forward to manager observed needs
for Quality improvement. In event of this person's absence,
coverage will be provided by Quality Technician and Plant Quality
- Maintain Plant Food Safety Plan. Perform Food Safety Plan
verification and validation activities. Perform Food Safety Plan
Hazard Analysis on any new ingredients or processes.
- Manage the GMP program. Inspect the plant on a routine
schedule. Monitor deficiencies and track corrective actions from
the routine plant inspections. Lead Food safety team with GMP and
Food Safety focused projects. Inspect Distribution Centers
- Provide leadership, support and backup for Quality Technicians.
This may involve working off shifts and weekends as needed.
- Coordinate non-conforming product issues including
identification, segregation, disposition, tracking, and corrective
action of non-conforming product.
- Establish and maintain plant sanitation program including
detailed written procedures for the cleaning of all processing
equipment and facilities. Perform verification and validation
activities on the program.
- Coordinate elements of the allergen control program including
ingredient labeling, segregation, storage, cleanup process,
verification of cleanups, and validation of cleanups.
- Coordinate microbiological program: track, verify, and validate
environmental program at plant.
- Manage integrated internal and external pest management
programs for bird, rodent, insect, and weed control issues and
develop plans for exclusion or elimination of the source of
problems. Lead Heat Sterilization process for insect control.
Supervise external PCO vendor.
- Provide monthly reports, as part of activities verification, on
Food Safety Prerequisite programs, FOOD SAFETY PLAN program, and
other projects as needed.
- Represent the Department as needed in special projects,
supplier programs, process improvement projects. Support and lead
TreeHouse initiatives (TPS) and Global Food Safety programs.
- Provide leadership in training for food safety and quality
- Assist with Regulatory audits, 3rd Party inspections, corporate
audits, customer inspections when necessary.
- Respond promptly, effectively and accurately to consumer
- Maintain effective working relationships with all employees,
working closely with managers and Group Leaders. Serve as backup to
Quality Manager or Quality Leader as needed.
- Serve as positive emissary through interactions with suppliers,
customers, vendors, commercial laboratories, custom packagers,
government agencies, and warehouses.
- Provides back-up for Manager Plant Quality and Quality
- Education: BS Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Biology,
Chemistry, Entomology, or related area required with experience in
the Food Industry preferred.
- Experience: work experience in food processing quality,
sanitation, and pest control preferred.
- Candidate must possess strong interpersonal skills along with
verbal and written communications. Strong teamwork, influence
management, and project management skills. Required to work some
off hours and weekends to accomplish certain duties and
Safe Quality Foods (SQF) Program with the ability to achieve SQF
Practitioner certification / status
Food Safety Plan Training / certification
GMPs for the Food Industry
Pest Control in Food Industry
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Must be able to sit at a desk for extended periods of time and
lift up to 25 pounds periodically.
- Ability to travel up to 10%. Must be able to use computer
- Must be able to talk, hear, climb, reach, walk, sit, stand and
use specific vision abilities.
- Work environment is a production facility involving moderate to
loud noise levels.
- Must be able to maintain focus and accuracy in a work area that
can involve multiple distractions.
Must be able to use standard office equipment including copier,
scanner, mobile / handle held device, and personal computer. Will
also use equipment related to the profession. Will learn the
operation of all production equipment in the plant and ensure all
food safety matters are given full consideration and especially
when new equipment is introduced.
TreeHouse Use Only: #IND1
Keywords: Treehouse Foods, Carrollton , Associate Quality Specialist, Other , Carrollton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!