Principal System Architect
Company: Lennox International
Posted on: July 29, 2022
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOINGInnovate your career.When you choose
Lennox International, you're getting the best.When you work at
Lennox International, you're among the best.As a leading innovator
of home and commercial, heating, cooling, refrigeration,
air-quality, and related services, Lennox International is
committed to helping our people innovate our products and their
careers.Join nearly 10,000 employees worldwide who build our
heritage of integrity and innovation. At Lennox International, we
make your home, your businesses, and your work, a better place.The
Controls Systems Architecture engineer will lead and help define
the control's hardware and software architecture and platforms for
the future. This important role in the engineering group serves as
the interface between the development organization and the product
roadmaps for Lennox' Refrigeration, Commercial, and Residential
control platformsGENERAL DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED
- Provide expert leadership in the system architecture
specification, innovation and standardization of control
architecture and platform across Lennox' business units.
- Partner with product management on the effective development
and efficient use of controls in future multi-generation product
lines and technology roadmaps.
- Responsible for the definition of system architecture platforms
that satisfy our customer needs and meet existing guidelines and
regulations within cost and schedule constraints.
- Facilitate cost-benefit analysis and work closely with
engineering and marketing teams to determine the optimal system
features while leveraging existing technologies.
- Work closely with engineering development teams to assure
alignment of technical and product roadmaps.
- Develop and design future control architectures and collaborate
closely with Engineering's advanced technology group.
- Actively investigate and study relevant technology and customer
trends to anticipate customer and technical needs for the Controls
- Ability to join and participate in external committees,
technical bodies, and organizations in order to stay up to date
with the latest guidelines, standards and compliant with
requirements in the industry.
- Participate in the development of hardware and software system
- Focus future plans towards allowing our controls to be easy to
use, install, and configure while maintaining flexibility for
- Collaborate with the Software, Hardware, mechanical, service
and manufacturing teams to define future control platforms for the
residential, commercial and refrigeration product lines.
- Develop innovative ideas to differentiate our future control
- Support and maintain system engineering and system architecture
- Actively participate in the definition and implementation of
new processes and improvements.WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Electrical, Computer
Engineering or related field
- A master's degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Requires at least 15 years of applicable experience in the
Controls or Embedded electronics industry with a focus on System
Engineering and Architecture.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Proven track record in System design and Product development is
- Extremely high-level understanding of commonly used concepts,
practices, and procedures within systems architecture.
- Requires a high level of knowledge of design techniques, tools,
and principles involved in production of precision technical
- Expert knowledge on controls systems.WHAT WE OFFERAt Lennox, we
realize that our greatest assets are our employees. This is why we
are committed to providing limitless opportunities for growth and
development of all our employees, largely promoting from within the
organization. This position is ideal for anyone looking for a
diverse working environment with long term growth possibilities.
This role is currently designated as option for up to 2 business
days/week of remote work.BENEFITS
- Competitive base salary
- Excellent medical plans designed to support healthy
- Mental and financial health programs
- Outstanding 401k with company matching
- Employee stock purchase program
- Community involvement opportunities
- Robust employee assistance program
- And much, much more!WE VALUE DIVERSITYHere at Lennox, we
believe that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success as
a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the
most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to
build workplaces that reflect the communities where we live and
work, support the growth and development of each team member as
they strive to reach their full potential, and empower them to be
their authentic selves. Lennox is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Lennox International, Carrollton , Principal System Architect, Other , Carrollton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!