Topper - Night Shift
Company: Westlake Chemical
Posted on: January 21, 2023
The Topper is responsible for putting the two windows together.
This role is in charge of sticking the bars between the first
window and the second window in order to build a double window. Tis
position requires attention to details and lifting. There will be a
bar between the first window and the second one that will seal it
before introducing it to the oven.
- Comply with Westlake Safety Policies.
- Regular attendance, timeliness and scheduling
- Provide safety leadership in promoting and creating a
zero-injury safety culture.
- Work with bars for colonial windows.
- Stick the bars to the first glass and then to the second
- Insert the double-glass to the oven.
- Assure that the bars are aligned properly.
- Maintains a neat, clean and orderly workplace through proper
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area to ensure facility meets
- Perform other duties and responsibilities requested by the
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to understand verbal and written
- Must possess strong communication and organizational
- Must have the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to use hand tools.
- Ability to read tape measure accurately.
- Must be able to work independently and use good
- Ability to maintain attention to detail.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Previous experience in I.G. glass or assembly line related
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Be exposed to temperature extremes inside or out.
- Be exposed to sounds or noise levels that maybe
- Prolong standing for up to 12 hours performing shift work or in
a stationary position.
- Complete repetitive movements.
- Bend or twist.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment.
- Work in constant noise above 85 decibels.
- Handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Lift/move up to 50 pounds.
- Remove or replace items up to 50 pounds.
- Ascend or descend stairs.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this
position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of
the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental
job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job
functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification
to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform
this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills,
aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some
requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or
significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others.
The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of
knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or
otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Keywords: Westlake Chemical, Carrollton , Topper - Night Shift, Other , Carrollton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!