Chief of Staff
Company: Sandvik Group
Posted on: March 10, 2023
Terelion, part of Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions in
Carrollton, TX looking for aChief of StaffTerelion, is a global
company servicing the Mining business. We operate in over 120
countries providing premium drill bits, DTH and RPS, knowledge and
expertise to achieve customer goals. The key to the company's
success is our innovative employees. Terelion offers an exciting
and fast paced work environment, attractive benefits, and
competitive pay. If you're looking to invest in your career
development, Terelion is the right place for you. Come join our
team!ScopeThe Chief of Staff position is a unique combination of
Trusted Advisor and Assistant to the Executive Staff, Human
Resources Manager and Environmental, Health and Safety Manager.
This position will be responsible for developing and implementing
effective people management processes as well as to plan, direct
and implement EHS Procedures, strategic initiatives, and management
plans to ensure safe, healthy, and accident-free environments, and
which meets regulatory requirements. The position is also
responsible to ensure long-term sustainability through recruiting,
competence development, talent management and succession
- Provides managers with effective techniques for attracting,
retaining, and developing the workforce for current and future
- Develops HR strategies and measurable objectives in line with
the business strategy.
- Develops and coaches managers in their people management
- Supports managers in working with performance management
systems and processes.
- Evaluates compensation practices regularly and maintains
knowledge of market compensation and competitiveness.
- Defines, measures, monitors and follows-up on HR-related
- Proactively supports mangers in change initiatives.
- Directs the identification, creation, and implementation of
training programs to meet the needs of the business.
- Identifies internal talents and works with management to
formulate individual development plans.
- Directs the identification, development and implementation of
clear career paths and opportunities for employees.
- Ensures that Terelion follows Sandvik processes, policies, and
- Manages resources, expenses, and programs within agreed budgets
- Ensures that reasonable steps are taken toward the goal of
"Zero Harm" to provide all US employees with a safe and healthy
working environment which is compliant with Sandvik and regulatory
- Leads local Management Teams to execute Sandvik's strategic EHS
initiatives effectively for the business and operations in the US,
while continuously improving the EHS culture to understand and
- Drives ongoing development of the Business EHS culture,
including focus on effective leading indicators.
- Develop, execute, and continually improve EHS Management plans
and programs, EHS standards, SOP's and guidelines to promote EHS
goals through functional application.
- Promote understanding of and conformance to policies and
procedures in compliance with Sandvik Way EHS Procedures, OHSAS
18001 and ISO 14001, and local legislation.
- Coordinate and oversee both internal and external EHS audits to
facilitate continual improvement.
- Inspect facilities for existing or potential hazards, determine
appropriate corrective measures and ensure effective implementation
to prevent accidents and minimize liability.
- Promote EHS as a Business Advantage by auditing work areas and
activities at customer sites for compliance to both Terelion and
customer EHS standards. Develop harmonized policies and programs
that effectively support employees with meeting both
- Manage compliance with 3rd party Contractor Programs
(Browz/ISNetworld), which directly ties EHS performance to business
in North America.
- Promote comprehensive, high-quality reporting of incidents,
hazards, and near misses, including completion of appropriate
action items and evaluation of controls to effectively manage and
- Lead investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperate in
the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in
hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Management of Workers Compensation claims.
- Design, plan and deliver EHS training programs that ensures
employees' understanding of legal requirements and best practices
that impact their work.
- Attends executive management meetings for both input and record
keeping of meeting minutes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position may include management of legal compliance and
handling of multiple hazardous materials, including paints,
solvents, lubricants, aerosols, and various nonhazardous wastes;
conducting inspections of hazardous material and waste storage
area(s); signing and filing hazardous waste manifests and track
hazardous waste generation.POSITION REQUIREMENTSEducation /
- Bachelors in Human Resources, Business, General Studies or
- Prior Chief of Staff experience preferred
- 10 years progressive senior executive advisor/HR generalist
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Initiative and leadership experience with keen understanding of
the sensitive nature of the position and information being
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be flexible
- Influence / persuasive ability
- Business acumen
- Results oriented
- Well-developed computer skills. Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- High attention to detailSandvik offers a comprehensive total
compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of
health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement
savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for
professional competence development and training, as well as
opportunities for career advancement.Sandvik is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because
of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an
application or at any time during the application process should
contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also
provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities
consistent with its obligations under the law.Sandvik is an
engineering group providing products and solutions for mining and
rock excavation, rock processing and metal cutting based on
innovation, digitalization and sustainable engineering.
Keywords: Sandvik Group, Carrollton , Chief of Staff, Other , Carrollton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...