Foodservice Data Scientist - Hybrid
Company: McLane Company
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Develop mathematical models and algorithms, implement them in
prototype software and conduct analyses to evaluate effectiveness
leading to world-class profitability models. Work with business
leaders to collaborate on systems design, analysis, solution
definition, data provisioning, documentation of improvements and
new capabilities of a profitability dashboard. Operate in a
fast-paced agile environment, provide solutions with minimal
documentation, operate without role boundaries, and ensure quality
assurance by applying prescribed testing practices and tools.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: -
- Develop and implement analytics-enabled solutions to improve
business process, generate insights, and support business
- Develop KPIs, metrics, trend tracking, prediction and
- Own and deliver complete predictive and prescriptive modeling
projects in cloud-based software (e.g., Apache Spark) to leverage
distributed computing capabilities.
- Analyze large data sets and prepare data for predictive and
- Demonstrate shared value through the operationalization of
algorithms into a business process.
- Evaluate and understand complex issues from business partners
and recommend solutions.
- Generate visualizations using tools like Tableau to provide
- Analyze multi-channel data for behavior and sentiment analysis
and build journey maps.
- Develop Alteryx workflows and Tableau dashboards.
- Craft and implement automation processes.
- Develop mathematical models and algorithms to effectively
capture problems, insights, and solutions.
- Implement models and algorithms in prototype software.
- Design and conduct experiments to evaluate the effectiveness of
mathematical models, algorithms, and their software
- Work closely with team throughout all phases of projects:
requirements definition, design, development, test and evaluation,
demonstration, and deployment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science,
Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or related area of
- Master's degree preferred. Exceptional work experience may be
considered in lieu of a master's degree.
- Two or more years' experience in Alteryx, Tableau and/or Power
BI, database management, Python and/or R, cloud-based software
(e.g., Apache Spark) and business intelligence data.
- Two or more years' experience with machine learning /
predictive modeling including regression, decision trees,
clustering, convex optimization, random forests, linear
optimization, and generalized linear models.
- Two or more years of experience with large data sets and big
data platforms. -
- Two or more years of experience with querying tools/languages
such as Alteryx, SQL etc. for pulling the most relevant data for
- Ability to learn or adapt to new data-science toolkits in
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work with
- Strong project management skills required.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to
explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects and data
- Ability to work comfortably with and gain the trust of senior
leaders in the company.
- Working knowledge of supervised/unsupervised learning methods
and how to appropriately apply each ad hoc in a business
WORKING CONDITIONS: -
- Office/remote working environment - must have the ability to
work in the office several days per week and/or when
- Occasional travel may be required.
Candidates may be subject to a background check and drug screen, in
accordance with applicable laws.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: McLane Company, Carrollton , Foodservice Data Scientist - Hybrid, Other , Carrollton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...