Posted on: July 29, 2022
Why Choose Us?
Novolex is a leader in packaging innovation, choice and
sustainability. We manufacture products in paper, plastic and
sustainable materials for the food, retail, health and industrial
- $500 Sign on Bonus
- Competitive pay
- Yearly bonus plan
- Referral bonus program
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Full benefits within 30 days
Our Sustainability Commitment
The Novolex sustainability vision is built upon three pillars: our
products, our operations and our people. Each is critically
important to our growth and future as a business. These pillars
form the foundation of our company-wide commitment to
sustainability, helping us achieve our ambitious goals through our
How You'll Perform the Role
- Position Summary:
Under the general direction of the Plant Engineer/Maintenance
Manager, this position is responsible for supporting various
maintenance functions such as: installing, troubleshooting, and
diagnosing production, process and facility manufacturing equipment
onsite, as well as performing modifications, repairs, and
preventative/predictive maintenance tasks on existing
The Industrial Multi-craft Technician (MT) will work on various
production systems including plastic extrusion, converting,
pelletizing and vacuum resin handling. In addition to production
equipment the MT will also work on facility equipment such as
chillers, air compressors, pumps, blowers, air conditioners, etc.
The MT will utilize "Maximo" as the Computerized Maintenance
Management System to schedule work, track parts, record hours
worked and plan for future work. Essential to success is a focus on
safety in all the actions taken by the MT and of those around
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot & Perform repairs on bag machinery and
support equipment as directed by maintenance supervisor.
- Comply with all safe work procedures when performing tasks,
such as but not limited to Lock Out / Tag Out, & Confined
- Repair machine defects found other than scheduled when
- Report any machine defects identified during repairs that
cannot be corrected to Maintenance Manager.
- Maintain proper housekeeping on the job site.
- Improve skill level either by training or on the job
- Be a team player, assisting fellow mechanics or other employees
- Work required overtime to complete repairs of down
- Strive to perform work in a timely manner, reducing machine
down time to a minimum.
- Maintain a "zero defect" attitude and perform repairs
- Ask questions if not familiar with the repair or
- List of expected skill areas to be held or obtained, (not all
- Electro-pneumatic troubleshooting
- Mechanical troubleshooting
- Machine assembly and installation
- Welding, brazing, burning
- Part rebuilding
- Building repair, general maintenance
- Machine overhaul
- Air compressor maintenance
What We Need From You
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background and drug
- Work overtime as required.
- Ability perform the essential functions of the job with or
- High School Graduate or GED required
- Technical Degree preferred, but willing to count years of
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a maintenance/production
- Electrical training/experience with 480 3 phases/machine
controls - preferred
- Experience with VFD Drives and PLCs a plus
- Background with manufacturing methods, process improvement
programs and procedures required.
- Previous work experience in mechanical, electrical and/or
experience in blown film industries strongly preferred.
- Experience operating forklift equipment
- Familiar with all OSHA and GMP standards & requirements
- Computer Skills
,("title":"What You'll Get From Us","content":"
With safety as our top priority and a commitment to employee
well-being an important focus, we offer comprehensive and
competitive benefits that include medical, dental and vision
insurance (including Telehealth options) as well as a variety of
other well-being resources focused on mental, physical and
financial health. Specific benefits and well-being programs may
vary depending on where you work.
At Novolex, giving back to the local communities that support us is
important. Our Focused Giving Program prioritizes support for
organizations whose missions promote sustainability initiatives or
address food and hunger needs. We also encourage facility level
support of activities in the communities where our employees live
Training and Development
We offer constant opportunities for advancement. From skills
development to advanced education programs, training and
development programs and courses are available through Novolex
University. Programs include company and industry training
curricula, support for formal education through the Tuition
Reimbursement Program, and a Learning Management System that
supports and enhances employee skills at all levels of the
organization. Associated topics: automotive, breakdown, calibrate,
equipment, field service technician, machine repair, maintenance
mechanic, mechanical, millwright, repair
Keywords: Novolex, Carrollton , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Carrollton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!