Business Applications Analyst Intermediate- HOH Military Fellowship (remote)
Posted on: March 8, 2023
Why USAA?We are currently seeking a dedicated Business
Applications Analyst to participate in Hiring Our Heroes (HOH)
Fellowship Cohort 23-2 with USAA. The HOH Fellowship Program builds
an extraordinary experience for transitioning service members,
veterans, and military spouses that increase competitiveness and
improve opportunities to find relevant employment by providing
development, skills, and exposure to corporate working environment
and private sector business operations. HOH Fellowship Programs are
best-in-class workforce development programs that range from six to
eleven weeks.This position can be based in one of our following
office locations: San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa,
FL, Colorado Springs, CO, Charlotte, NC or work remotely in the
continental U.S. with occasional business travel.As a Business
Applications Analyst, you'll work with the Pricing Modernization
team within the Product & Pricing Analytics organization. You will
have the opportunity to learn the Earnix Price-It tool and its
inherent capabilitiesThe OpportunityWhat you'll do:
- Implement Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles to
support sustainable coding practices within the Earnix Price-It
environment. Implement scalable processes for development within
Earnix that simplify and expedite expansion to new product
- Find innovative ways to use Earnix functionality to support
Pricing capability automation. This includes writing Python code
within Earnix to automate processes and reduce manual dependencies
that exist in today's environment.
- Apply experience in software development to find efficiencies
in existing Python scripts within the platform and to extend Earnix
- Provide analysis and business information related to specific
business functions, processes, and applications/IT platforms.
Continue to develop skill-level as you create, implement and
maintain application solutions to meet the needs of a business or
- Collaborate with internal partners to understand business needs
and opportunities specifically related to application/IT platform
- Provide analysis for planning and implementation of low to
medium complexity systems and upgrades and process changes.
- Review new or upgraded application functionality with business
partners (including training) to help them prepare appropriate
training and procedures updates for their teams.
- Perform and coordinate business and application/IT platform
support; analyzes discrepancies and system failures.
- Facilitate and perform application/IT platform resolution
activities to minimize business impact and avoid future exposure;
advises team leadership and business partners of business
implications associated with those events and develops
recommendations to mitigate future impact.
- Maintain understanding of business processes, supporting
applications/IT platform, and strategic direction.
- Collaborate and exchange information with team members,
partners, and information services to ensure dependencies, risks,
and opportunities are identified.
- Identify and handle existing and emerging risks that stem from
business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.What you have:
- Bachelor's degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- 2 years work experience in analyzing IT business processes,
software application/IT platform design and/or IT documentation,
with an understanding of application/IT platform data systems and
- Developing knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Successful completion of an analyst assessment may be
required.What sets you apart:
- Current participant in the Hiring Our Heroes Fellowship
Programs 23-2 Cohort.
- Degree in Computer Science and/or related Application
- Strong programming/coding skills (Python, R, VBA).
- Experience implementing within the SDLC (Software Development
- Proven ability to learn new tools and coding languagesWhat we
offer:Hiring Our Heroes Fellows are paid by the HOH program.If
selected for a full-time role, USAA has an effective process for
assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for
this role may vary by location. The hiring range for this position
is: $59.070 - $112,970.Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.Relocation assistance is
not available for this position.USAA is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: USAA, Carrollton , Business Applications Analyst Intermediate- HOH Military Fellowship (remote), Professions , Carrollton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...